Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Does your cat pay attention to your feelings?

One thing you always hear is that a dog will mimic your behavior when you're feeling down. Well, what about cats? There's been a huge amount of research on the canine side of this but not nearly as much on the feline side. Then, I found this article. It's a bit of a read, but quite informative.

I can only speak from my own experience, but my cats definitely exhibit this behavior. But, as the article points out, it's specific to familiar faces (particularly their owners). Reminds me of this video about Crows (also a supremely interesting watch).

Additionally, did you know that the sounds your cat makes toward you are specific to you? They aren't relevant to other cats (even other cats in your household) and someone just meeting your cat won't know a 'give me food' sound from a 'pet me' sound. Very intriguing stuff.

~Jason

Link scanned clean by www.virustotal.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

really great article, thanks for bringing it to our attention, Jason!