Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Adopt A Senior Pet-Meet Lenore


November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month!

At animal shelters and rescue groups across the nation, there are an abundance of healthy senior pets looking for a special home to cherish them for the rest of their lives. Although shaping the life of a youngster sounds appealing, giving a second chance to an older companion can be equally rewarding. They like to share quiet moments, are already trained and usually do not chew or scratch everything in sight. "Older pets have plenty to offer adopters – not the least of which is love," comments Jacque Schultz, ASPCA Companion Animal Programs Advisor.

King Street Cats runs an Award-Winning campaign called
What About Me? ®
where we feature our harder to adopt kitties.
Many of those kitties are senior kitties
who lost their home later in life, through no fault of their own.

Lenore is one of those special kitties that we would like to highlight.
Here is her story:

My name is Lenore and I'm a tiny black/white girl who arrived here on 4-7-11 after my family gave me up. I'm 11 years old (born January 2001) and I have lived my entire life with my family. They gave me up because there were 3 other cats in the home (older than me) and none of us got along. Plus there were issues with allergies getting worse. So for 2 months I was confused and really unhappy about my situation. I spent my time in a cage because I was so upset and sad about losing my home. But then I went into foster care in June 2011 and I'm a completely different cat! I love having a home and now my sweet personality is coming out. When my foster mom lays on the couch, I like to lay on top of her. I don't necessarily enjoy being petted, but I do love to be around people and sitting with them. I am hoping that someone will want an older kitty. I'm healthy and have a lot of great years left. I would do best in a home where there are no other pets and where I can be a companion to someone who needs a friend. Is that you? If you're interested in meeting me, please contact King Street Cats!

Interested in Lenore, or another one of our senior kitties?
See all of our kitties here.


Read a informative article about the advantages

to adopting a senior cat here (scroll down about 1/2 way).


See the kitties featured in our What About Me? ®  campaign here!


Email us at contact@kingstreetcats.org

No comments: