Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Life is Good When You Are A Kitty



You know that thing where you do your laundry and then you get it out of the dryer and tell yourself, "Oh, I'll fold it and put it away later," but then a cat jumps in the basket, shedding fur all over it, and you're kinda upset but mostly you're like, "Awww, that's so cute?"
Secretly aren't you just a touch envious?
"Whut? This is mine now." Photo by girl_named_fred
Do you think the cat knows you're kind of jealous of the way she can curl up in a cozy basket of warm, lemon-scented linens? Yeah, of course she knows. That's why she does it.
Here are some photos of other things she does just to watch you turn green:

1. Self indulgent acrobatics

Cats can kiss their own butts. No wonder they are so self important. Photo by itchys
Show off.

2. Make sleep not only a priority, but her job

That looks nice. Photo by barbourians
If the cat were awake right now, I'd be confused and a little frightened. If I manage to sneak four hours of rest in tonight, I'll be ecstatic (part of this is because I have too much to do and part of this is because I'm a mild insomniac).

3. Laser eyes

You can only see them sometimes, in photos, but trust me, all cats have this secret power. Photo by Cramit
There's a reason people don't mess with cats.

4. Sleep on expensive electronic equipment

Sleep on expensive electronics … and stare at your own face too. Indulgent narcissism at its best. Photo byDan Correia
When someone hands me a laptop, they expect me to get to work. For a cat, sleeping is a job and a laptop is just a really solid electric blanket.

5. Be adorable -- no matter what

Jelly bean toes! If I did this, people would be like, "Liz, don't be so desperate." Photo by Alison Elizabeth x
My cuteness is conditional, and those conditions are not often met. When I've had a full night of darting in out of bedroom doors, I look like hell the next day. When a cat does it, she still wakes up looking squee-worthy.

6. Be famous on the Internet for doing nothing

This is Precious Princess Choupette. She's famous for doing nothing. Her owner is famous too, but I can't remember why.
Paris Hilton is (was?) also famous for doing nothing. But then I'd have to be Paris Hilton.

7. Sit in a cardboard box

My parents would be all, "We sent you to an expensive private college for nothing!" and I'd be like, "Look, it's not what it seems." Photo by shashinjutsu
When I sit in a cardboard box, my parents wonder what they did wrong.

8. Almost always land on her feet

I will bet you $100 that cat stuck that jump like an Olympic gymnast. Photo by rocketjim54
I'm lucky if I land on my feet. I usually land on my face.

9. Jumping in general

One time I tried out for the basketball team. What I mean by that is one time I provided the basketball coach with some comedic entertainment. Photo by KingArthur10
Because how cool is that?

10. Look effortlessly cool

Cat, is your name Kim Deal? Photo by :Salihan
How do your cats make you jealous? Come on, you can admit it!

Check out all the King Street Cats that are waiting to make you jealous HERE!
See the entire article here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your kitty is very cute. You can visit my board at funny pics