Thursday, November 1, 2012

Adopt A Senior Pet-Meet PC!



November is Adopt a Senior Pet Month!

At animal shelters and rescue groups across the nation, there are an abundance of healthy senior pets looking for a special home to cherish them for the rest of their lives. Although shaping the life of a youngster sounds appealing, giving a second chance to an older companion can be equally rewarding. They like to share quiet moments, are already trained and usually do not chew or scratch everything in sight. "Older pets have plenty to offer adopters – not the least of which is love," comments Jacque Schultz, ASPCA Companion Animal Programs Advisor.

King Street Cats runs an Award-Winning campaign called
What About Me? ®
where we feature our harder to adopt kitties.
Many of those kitties are senior kitties
who lost their home later in life, through no fault of their own.

PC is one of those special kitties that we would like to highlight.
Here is her story:

My name is PC (it stands for politically correct) and my family gave me up on 4-7-12. I'm 11 years old and had spent my entire life with them. They gave me up because they didn't like me scratching furniture. It's what cats do unless you get us scratching posts to use. I was named PC because for most of my life, my family didn't know whether I was a girl or a boy and wanted to be PC about it. For a couple of months, I was very upset over losing my home. The volunteers spend a lot of time with me to help me adjust and feel better. I'm not good around other cats so that is stressing me out. Although recently, I have ventured out of my cage (the door is always open for me to do that) and now I am completely out of the cage. After I arrived here it was discovered that I have a thyroid condition and needed medicine everyday. In June, I was given a radiation treatment on my thyroid and now I don't need medicine. I've really mellowed, accepted my circumstances and have started to show what a beautiful and loving heart I have. I have a lot of great years to give to someone. 
Will you consider giving me, a senior kitty, a home?

Interested in PC, or another one of our senior kitties?
See all of our kitties here.

Read a informative article about the advantages
to adopting a senior cat here (scroll down about 1/2 way).

See the kitties featured in our What About Me? ®  campaign here!

Email us at contact@kingstreetcats.org


No comments: