Wednesday, September 19, 2012

King Street Cats in their Furrever Homes-Rexy


Love hearing about our kitties in their new homes, 
so here's an update on Rexy, written by Rexy himself!


My name is Rexy. I waited a long time for my family to discover me at King Street Cats. Now that I have a home of my own, I'm learning how to relax and play.

I spent a lot of time living outside. A nice person fed me and looked out for me, but when he went to jail, I was alone. Arriving at King Street Cats felt like heaven! I had plenty of food and friends. I could sit at the window all day, watching the world outside. But when my family came to adopt me last month, I was ready to go to my forever home.

My mom came to visit me for a few weeks so I could get to know her. She always brought treats and a little towel that contained the scent of my new dad, and my new brother and sister.

When they brought me home and opened the travel cage in me very own room, I didn't know what to do! I hid under the furniture, but I let my parents scratch my chin.. I loved the attention. Eventually, I learned to crawl out from under the buffet every time they came to see me, so they could brush my fur and give me hugs and kisses.

It turned out that my new brother and sister were old friends! Patches and Jasmine spent a lot of time with me at King Street Cats before they were adopted by mom and dad. They sat outside the glass doors of my room, everyday, waiting for me to come out and play. Mom helped us get reacquainted by feeding us dinner and treats with doors open just the tiniest crack. Day by day, the crack between my bedroom doors got a little bit wider until the three of us became real dinner companions.

My parents built me a clubhouse of my very own and filled it with a warm blanket and soft cat toys they bought for me. I'm not always sure what to do with all the toys yet. I see Jasmine and Patches playing with them. A few days ago I tried playing with one of the toys. I chased it under the dining room table!

Patches and Jasmine have a special game they play. Patches will run up to Jasmine and give her a kiss on the nose. Then they chase each other around the house. Sometimes Patches runs up to me and gives me kisses on the nose. He looks at me like he wants me to chase after him, but I'm still a little uncertain. Next time, maybe I'll try to give him a kiss back! Then maybe we can all play together.

My favorite part of the day is the evening. When my dad comes home from work, he brushes my fur. Patches, Jasmine, and I like to snuggle on the bed with our mom while she reads herself to sleep. I have my own special spot, snuggled under her right shoulder. Mom wakes up at night to give me some head scratches and tell me she loves me.

I stay there until it's time to get up in the morning and help her make breakfast. I especially like to help her collect all the food and water bowls, and I'm very good at pointing out where she needs to pick up a stray piece of kibble!

 



Have you been rescued by a kitty from King Street Cats?
Please send us an update and photos!
Shoot them over to Contact@KingStreetCats.org


No comments: